The Animal Emergency & Referral Center of York is seeking a Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing team!
We are an AAHA-accredited hospital that invests heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts, and much more!
The Ideal Veterinary Assistant Candidate:
- Has at least 1 year of veterinary experience
- Has excellent communication and client-service/customer service skills
- Has the ability to thrive in a TEAM oriented environment
- Is detail-oriented Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior toward clients and other team members
- Prioritizes multiple tasks and changes focus in a fast-paced environment
- Thinks creatively and responds quickly and calmly to emergencies Is a self-starter and shows initiative to grow and learn Is efficient for our veterinarians by relieving them of technical and administrative work
- Has a flexible schedule
- Possesses a love of animals and the ability to warmly welcome and compassionately care for both clients and patients
Veterinary Assistant Job Overview:
- Conduct patients assessments
- Monitoring hospitalized pets
- Drawing blood for lab work
- Educating clients regarding veterinary care and procedures
- Maintaining inventory
- Preparing prescriptions based on label and dosage directions from Veterinarian
- Assisting with surgical procedures (previous surgery experience is a plus!)
Please visit our website https://www.animalerofyork.com/ to learn more about The Animal Emergency & Referral Center of York.
We look forward to meeting you, apply today!