Certified Veterinary Technician (Overnight ICU) - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Full-Time Overnight position available in our Emergency Department at Animal Medical & Surgical Center!
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and positive culture at our hospital. We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development as well as a consistent work/life balance with a 3-day work week!
Our Veterinary Technicians are responsible for the management of appointments, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, assisting in surgery, performing anesthesia, client communication and education.
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum of two years experience as an ICU veterinary technician
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong technical skills
- Certified Veterinary Technician required
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous ICU experience
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and and focus on client care
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with common disease processes that present to emergency service with an understanding of treatments and medications associated with their care.
- Strong medical math skills. (Including being able to calculate fluid rate, common CRI’s and multimodal drug infusion.)
- Able to obtain Blood pressure, ECG, Sp02, and ETC02 and integrate clinical signs with disease processes to assist doctors in early and appropriate intervention of patient care.
- Ability to place NG tube and provide maintenance
- Ability to place central line and provide maintenance
- Comfortable utilizing digital radiography machines to acquire images using proper technique and positioning.
- Prepare animals and instruments for surgery
- Provide surgical assistance and post-operative care
- Administer medications, and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian
We offer an industry-leading benefits package including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet benefits, and much more!
Visit our website for more information about our practice: https://www.animalmedicalandsurgical.com/.