Experienced Veterinary Technician
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Stonecreek Animal Hospital, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Stonecreek Animal Hospital you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
Provide your best care with more bridges and fewer barriers.
Stonecreek Animal Hospital looking for a Veterinary Technician to join us as part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare community.
As a Veterinary Technician, you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures which will include pre and post-op patient care.
- Draw blood samples for testing and IV catheter placement.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on vaccinations, medications, and additional treatments.
- Create and present financial options and estimates.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Animal handling.
- Taking X-rays of animals.
- Administering and preparing medications, vaccines, and treatments prescribed by our veterinarians.
- Ability to observe the animal's appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease, and discontent.
- Must be willing to do some managing of inventory & ordering of hospital stock & medications
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Veterinary technician licensure preferred, not required
- Two or more years of experience- strong veterinary technical skills required
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests
- Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment
- Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide “tableside” assistance
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
- Positive, motivated and a team player
- Ability to communicate professionally and friendly with our doctors, customers, and other staff members
- Compassionate for both animal patients and pet owners
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance-learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial well-being designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8 weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top-quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
Compensation is negotiable based on credentials and experience with an hourly pay rate starting at $21 - $28/ hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Apply today! #LI-SB1