Employee Relations Specialist (On-Site)
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400 primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
• Involved in the implementation and administration of employee relations policies and procedures.
• Identify, analyze, and implement resolutions to complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues including unusual situations where precedents for resolution are unavailable.
• Advise, educate and influence local leadership teams regarding critical and complex team member relations decisions, e.g. harassment, business conduct, terminations, policies, guidelines and practices.
• Conduct investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
• Provide resolution to questions and concerns in a timely manner, including interpretation of company policies for management, assisting management to address employee performance issues, counseling management regarding their responsibilities, supporting compliance efforts and coaching on changes in relevant laws/regulations.
• Interpret and apply applicable labor and employment laws, regulations, and standards at the federal and state level, in consultation with the legal department.
• Assist managers with diagnosing and resolving issues through proper questioning and risk assessment and the application of HR knowledge, including relevant policies, procedures, collective bargaining agreements and applicable law, to provide consultation that reduces risk and builds a positive work environment for the associates.
• Foster strong communication and collaboration amongst the People Operations Teams to implement solutions.
• Tracks and compiles issue logs and complaints; provides feedback on team member policies, programs and initiatives.
• 3-5 years of experience in employee relations or a similar role, supporting a multi-level and multi-state organization. Experience in the veterinary industry ideal.
• Demonstrated experience balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders, and work streams.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, including influencing and coaching all levels of leadership.
• Ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with managers and People Operations colleagues.
• Exceptional communication skills including effective listening, writing, facilitation, and presentation.
• Deep expertise in conducting investigations and skilled at documentation related to investigations.
• Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations.
• Balances data, intuition and foresight enabling faster, accurate and more confident business decision-making.
• Demonstrated experience in influencing and strategically solving problems.