Brand Director (Austin, TX or Remote)
Founded in 2003, Pathway Vet Alliance has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400 general practice, specialty, and emergency veterinary hospitals throughout the US, including 100 THRIVE clinics. We are committed to creating the world's most trusted, innovative, and connected ecosystem for pet care that comprehensively serves the needs of veterinary caregivers, pets, and people who love them.
Pathway Vet Alliance has always been a company for veterinarians, by veterinarians. We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
The Director of Brand Marketing for the Pathway and THRIVE brands will play a pivotal role in the business-to-business(B2B) side and the business-to-consumer(BTC) brand strategy and execution. This position will play a key role in leading the marketing strategy, customer experience, and ongoing marketing support for the Pathway and THRIVE brands. The Director of the Pathway/THRIVE brand reports to the VP of Marketing.
Qualified candidates are those that yearn for the professional fulfillment of operating in a startup environment with the backing of an established business. Key success factors include: Entrepreneurial Mindset, Strong Bias for Action and Strategic Thinking,
- Champion the strategy and execution of the Pathway and THRIVE brands
- Execute within all metrics of the consumer funnel from brand awareness to conversion
- Build strong internal relationships and lend marketing experience to cross-functional teams
- Develop and execute marketing strategies supporting key internal customers including, regional marketing, recruitment, business development and medical excellence
- Lead the planning and execution of the national brand strategy for the B2B and B2C brands
- Own the development and messaging of the brand narrative connected to key customer personas both B2B and B2C
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to lead brand visual style and voice
- Ensure brands' integrity is maintained throughout marketing initiatives
- Ensure internal customer facing channels across online and offline communicate the brand experience and benefits of the Pathway and THRIVE brands (B2B/B2C)
- Create & implement plans to establish brands as national leading experts in their fields
- Lead the development of internal research and generate actionable insights from the research
- Develop the strategy and tools to help execute national programs at the field level
- Lead the strategic execution of the direct-to-consumer services platform
- Help create and execute the consumer services brand journey while building brand awareness
- Execute key cross-merchandising partnership programs while maximizing existing supplier relationships
- Help identify market trends and customer insights to grow the brands both B2B and B2C
- Lead team of direct reports
- Retail and/or Services Marketing experience highly desired
- Proven track record leading customer experience marketing resulting in word of mouth and customer retention as evidenced through organic social engagements, conversion analytics and customer reviews
- Leading campaigns from concept to execution specifically- concepting, advertising (digital, video, print, social, point-of-sale, etc.), price promotion, influencer, PR, events, website/digital utilities, 1-1, and sales/broker/channel communication support.
- Experience leading cross-merchandising/partner/supplier marketing programs that are executed within a retail or other third-party environment
- Demonstrated ability to gather insights and translate those insights into actionable strategies and executable programs
- Experience within customer and or brand research helpful
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Extreme fluency in leading and directing agencies
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Undergraduate 4 year degree or higher required. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years agency and/or client-side B2B and B2C Marketing Communications experience, with pet care industry a plus