Certified Oncology Veterinary Technician
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is seeking a Certified Oncology Veterinary Technician to join our Oncology team with the addition of a new Doctor!
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are:
At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
The Oncology Technician performs treatments and manages appointments on oncology patients. The ideal applicant will have a skill set that includes excellent IV catheter placement, venipuncture, chemotherapy administration, drug dosing calculation skills, and compassionate patient and client care along with excellent communication skills. Two years of veterinary experience is needed for this position. Graduation from an AVMA approved Veterinary Technology Programs is required and previous experience in the Oncology field is highly preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Associate degree in Veterinary Technology required
2. Credentials (RVT, CVT, LVT) required
3. Prior customer service experience required.
• Assess patient status, take patient history, perform tech exam,
and assist veterinarian in exam room.
• Monitor changes in patient condition and report them to the veterinarian
• Perform emergency patient care as needed.
• Calculate medication doses and administer via all routes - to include
• Perform ultra sound guided cystocentesis as directed.
• Perform pristine venipuncture for phlebotomy and IV catheterization including jugular draws.
Administer chemotherapeutic agents as according to protocol.
• Administer IV/SQ fluids as needed.
• Chart in the patient’s medical record appropriately using correct medical
terminology, symbols, abbreviations, and spelling.
• Apply a variety of bandages.
• Operate all laboratory equipment in the veterinary practice including
microscopes, hematology, and chemistry analyzers, among others.
• Perform microscopy for blood, cytology, and urine analysis, among others
• Perform all in-house testing such as PCV/TP, FeLV/FIV
and snap tests, etc.
• Observe all required safety protocols for capturing radiologic images.
• Be able to properly obtain all required diagnostic radiographs,
• Be able to properly utilize ultrasound machine for guidance with sample
• Be able to properly obtain diagnostic CT images including use of contrast as
- Obtaining patient vital parameters.
• Perform pre-operative physical examination.
• Assist with creation of anesthetic plan and calculate and administer all
• Operate a variety of anesthetic machines and circuits including rebreather and
• Be proficient in intubating all species seen in the practice.
• Properly induce, maintain, and recover a patient from anesthesia.
• Properly operate and interpret anesthetic monitors including ECG, BP,
SPo2, ETCO2, Temperature, etc.
• Maintain the anesthetic machine including pre-op setup, checking, and changing
of CO2 granules and oxygen tank maintenance.
• Understand pharmacology of and use of anesthetic and analgesic medications.
• Be able to respond in an anesthetic emergency and assist the veterinarian.
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
● Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
● Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
● A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
● Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
● Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
● Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
● Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $21-$30/ hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.