The Pet Emergency & Specialty Center in San Diego is looking to add an Emergency Veterinarian to their 24/7 emergency hospital that provides excellent care to southern San Diego.
The Ideal Emergency Veterinarian:
- Internship trained or 2-3 years of Emergency experience required.
- Ability to perform, or a desire to be trained in standard emergency surgeries required.
- Collaborative approach with staff and doctors.
- Motivated to meet and exceed the established standards of care.
- Concerned that all patients and clients are treated with care and compassion.
- Focused on excellence in service and communication for our referring veterinarians.
Who We Are:
- We are a 24/7 emergency hospital with a team of dedicated, talented, and passionate ER Veterinarians, who offer high quality medicine and service to our clients and their pets.
- We offer a positive, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
- We value colleagues who work well with others and genuinely enjoy interacting with clients and referring veterinarians.
- We have an extensive support network and are excited to help the right individual develop and advance professionally.
Pet Emergency Specialty Center is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Our hospital, is located in Chula Vista, provides emergency care 24 hours a day, allowing doctors to both treat outpatients as well as care for hospitalized patients. Our doctors perform emergency surgeries such as gastrotomies, GDVs etc and this is a great opportunity for an ER doctor who wishes to expand or learn this skill. We wish to support our ER doctors and have added a new ultrasound machine and will soon have a vessel sealing device (“Ligasure”) for the OR.
This location is also a satellite to a sister Multi-Specialty & ER hospital 25 miles away in La Mesa and our specialists are a phone call away to collaborate on cases. We are looking for a talented doctor to join our team, who is passionate about providing incredible service to our devoted client base, and someone who will embody our philosophy of promoting excellence in medicine and service to our clients, referring veterinarians and each other.
Outside of work, there’s so much to do in San Diego and the surrounding areas. The hospital is in a great location close to beaches and downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain-hiking, biking and horseback riding, and driving distance to ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby or professional/personal interest is out of reach. We want our team to enjoy life outside of work and San Diego is an amazing place to do that.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual base salary range of $190,000 - $220,000 / year plus the ability to earn production-based bonuses. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.