Animal Care Attendant (Emergency)
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services are seeking an Animal Care Attendant to join our Emergency Team!
Our Animal Care Attendants are responsible for assisting in the triage process and initial stabilization of our small animal patients. Our ideal candidate will play an integral part in providing nursing care to our patients.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- maintaining animal husbandry
- proper animal handling and restraint
- Assisting in venipuncture
- Positioning for radiographs
- Assisting with the care for hospitalized patients- including postoperative care, critically ill or injured patient care, care for patients with chronic conditions
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, AAS or higher preferred
- Six months experience in customer service (with external customers) in a related field required, prior animal handling experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for extended periods- some pushing pulling, bending, and stooping required
- Some lifting required- up to 50lbs
- Shift/ Hours incl Sat/Sun/Weds 7a-5p
VSES is committed to providing compassionate Specialty and Emergency care to the pets and families of Rochester and the surrounding area. Our team values integrity, honesty, and accountability. We have a passion for educating our pet parents and growing our own knowledge. We believe in collaboration and teamwork! We use our talents to achieve our goal- which is providing quality care to our patients! We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more! Apply today!! Apply today!!