Emergency Veterinary Internship - Elk Grove, Illinois
Thrive Pet Healthcare: The goal of this 1-year internship is to provide focused mentorship to new graduate veterinarians so they will have a solid foundation for a successful career in Veterinary Emergency Medicine.
Elk Grove Veterinary Specialty and Emergency
1050 Bonaventure Dr. Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
- All interns will be scheduled on shift with a Mentor Veterinarian
- Paid travel and housing for orientation in Austin, TX
- FASTVet ultrasound course with Dr. Greg Lisciandro
- Basic and Advanced Life Support online CPR training through VECCS Recover CPR Initiative.
- Routine coaching in Mindfulness / Wellness skills
- No obligation to continue employment after the conclusion of the 1-year program.
We provide a structured and mentored program to develop emergency veterinary clinicians who are learning clinical, communication, and personal skills to allow a long and satisfying career in emergency veterinary medicine.
This emergency medicine internship allows the intern to be immersed in emergency medicine within the first week by being the primary clinician seeing a wide range of emergencies. The intern is always scheduled on shift with a senior clinician dedicated to mentoring and ensuring your success while allowing the intern to be the primary clinician.
The intern will also be supervised in surgery with the goal to have them competent in emergency soft tissue surgeries such as C-sections, pyometra, gastronomy, enterotomy, gastropexy, and splenectomy.
By the end of the internship year, we expect the intern will be well-versed in most ECC presentations and be proficient in typical ECC skills, procedures, and surgeries. At the completion of the internship, the intern will be highly marketable and capable of comfortably going into any emergency veterinary facility with the tools to succeed.
Our Values. Empathetic, Collaborative, Supportive, Trustworthy
Our People. An amazing team! Light on ego, heavy on collaboration, and we all actually like each other. If you're not into being an amazing teammate, just move on because we seriously won't be compatible.
Thrive Pet Healthcare is proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Excellent Internship compensation
- 50 hours maximum scheduled hours per week
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Paid Time Off
- Culture of collaboration & emotional intelligence
- No post-internship commitment
- CE support
- 401k w/ employer match
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
- If you find your furrever home with Thrive post-Internship, you are eligible for a sign-on bonus and our Pathway Veterinary Incentive Plan(VIP)
Apply today at the link or reach out directly to Sara Lisac - [email protected]
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.