Equine Ambulatory Veterinary Technician or Assistant
The right candidate:
- has extensive previous equine experience
- has great equine restraint skills
- has strong communication skills
- works well on a team
Position will be a day shift Monday - Thursday, 10 hours each day.
The job will entail equine dentistry, reproduction, billing, surgery on call, and holiday shift rotations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES to be completed under the supervision of a licensed DVM:
- Assist veterinarians & technicians as directed.
- Handle/restrain patients as required.
- Restock inventory and maintain the cleanliness of doctor's vehicle and ambulatory barn areas.
- Ensure all charges are captured at the time of service, provide client invoice to Ambulatory DVM to review with the client. General record keeping.
- May assist with driving.
- Medical equipment set-up, turnover, and maintenance.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of general sanitation principles.
- Extensive equine and large animal handling experience is mandatory.
- Basic computer knowledge.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS
- Currently possesses or ability to obtain a Medication Clerk’s license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willing to learn new skills and work as directed with some supervision.
- Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of walking and/or standing for long periods.
- May be required to use strength and/or agility in walking and restraining stronger, more active animals.
- Outside work is required.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises as well as bites, kicks and animal wastes.
- Possible exposure to contagious diseases.
At Pilchuck, we believe that the best possible care for our patients results from operating based on our core values:
- Provide compassionate care to our patients, and practice compassion towards our clients and colleagues.
- Commit to do what it takes to ensure success.
- Provide high quality and unique resources for veterinary care in the Puget Sound Region.
- Strive constantly for excellence in everything we do.
- Behave with honesty and integrity at all times.