Veterinary Relations Partner
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for a Veterinary Relations Partner to join our growing multi-specialty team!
We are a growing, full-service, 24-hour hospital, with dedicated doctors providing high quality medical care to the companion animal population in Fort Collins, Colorado and the surrounding areas. We provide specialty care in the departments of Critical Care/Emergency, Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Oncology (Medical).
The hospital is well equipped with a full range of diagnostic and treatment equipment including commercial grade lab diagnostics, ECG, blood pressure monitoring, pulse oximetry, anesthesia, flexible & rigid endoscopy, ultrasound, and CT imaging (16 slice).
- We are Collaborative
- We are Supportive
- We are Empathetic
- We are Trustworthy
The Veterinary Relations Partner (VRP) serves as a liaison between the hospital and referring veterinarians within the market and surrounding areas. The VRP will be a key strategic, operations and communications representative to support the growth of referral practices and our specialty service lines. The VRP will possess and utilize a keen knowledge of local opportunities and challenges and be able to strategically navigate referral DVM and team relationships. This role manages the referral and reputation continuum for all specialty departments of the hospital. In addition, they are responsible for multi-modal marketing for the entire hospital including other assigned service lines, hospitals or strategic focus areas. The VRP collaborates with other employees in the hospital and ensures efficient processes as they pertain to referrals.
Reports to: Practice Manager, Client Relations Manager, and hospital leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with all hospital departments collaboratively to acquire extensive knowledge of clinical services and articulate in an engaging manner to represent hospital and Thrive.
- Help Develop a ‘Professional Promise’ that will guide all referral vet and client decisions
- Frequent outreach calls and visits to rDVMs and at times supports the scheduling of new consultations with the specialists
- Develop and maintain an efficient referral management database and system including vetting information in the PMS.
- Act as administrator for the rVetLink and/or records sharing system for each hospital
- Works very closely with the Client Relations Manager and CSR department, schedulers, specialty coordinator, specialty doctors, and technicians while keeping an open dialogue and direct communication.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and EQ when speaking to clients, veterinarians, and all members of the referring hospital team.
- Actively monitors specialty doctor schedules to improve appointment fill rates through coordination with hospital staff.
- In coordination with CSR and Specialty Coordinator, generate and review monthly and quarterly fill rates and referrals with MD, PM and marketing
- In conjunction with hospital leadership, track, respond and resolve issues and concerns from referring DVMs and clients through all mediums including online.
- Reports case volumes, outreach calls, referral tracking, and/or procedure counts to hospital leadership on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Works with marketing team to maintain and update content regularly on websites and social media pages.
- Responds to client complaints and negative reviews online within 48 hours.
- Strategically plan and execute marketing campaigns.
- Utilize PMS and/or CRM software to document and track weekly interaction with referring vets
- Assure Hospital and Thrive brand and message is meeting the strategic objectives outlined in the Pathway Plan including ongoing communication to all staff with highlights of visits
- Plan and organize CE events to be hosted by hospital.
- Plan and organized attendance in community events or regular newsletters.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Public relations &/or marketing experience preferred.
- At least 3 years recent experience in veterinary practice, referral setting preferred.
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Flexible schedule. Ability to stay late, work overtime, work weekends and/or travel.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Able to accept and manage critical feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Ready to join a progressive specialty & emergency practice? The successful candidate must be able to multitask, comfortable with modern technology, handle extensive phone work and maintain a professional, upbeat manner.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid parental leave, 401k, PTO, continuing education, and generous pet discounts!
Compensation range for this position is $21-24/h depending upon qualifications and background.