Veterinarian Medical Director
Research Boulevard Pet and Bird Hospital, in beautiful Austin, Texas, is looking for a Veterinarian Medical Director to join our team of professionals.
We are a group of highly trained, experienced animal lovers devoted to giving our patients the best care possible. We believe in treating every patient as if they were our own pet and giving them the same loving attention and care.
A little about us: Our practice focuses on general veterinary services, including preventative care and general surgery. We see exotics, cats, and dogs. We have all the equipment you expect including in-house lab equipment, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, high-speed dental tools, CT, and more.
Our location: Located in beautiful Austin, Texas, in the heart of the Hill Country. With a wide variety of extracurricular activities including live music, great food, hiking, and biking trails – our commitment to your work-life balance will allow you time to enjoy it all.
The Medical Director is a key leader in the hospital who partners with the practice manager and hospital leadership team to effect positive change, growth, and development of the hospital. They are influential in the vision and direction of the hospital and are actively involved in fostering a positive culture while ensuring high standards of patient and client care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the highest standards of medical care, and foster a collaborative, professional environment within the hospital
- Work with the Practice Manager and Regional Support team to support the operational needs and financial goals of the hospital
- Attend and participate in the hospital leadership planning meetings with completion of goals within assigned time frames
- Attends current required Thrive Leadership and EQ courses within the first year of being Medical Director
- Organize and attend monthly Doctor meetings. Oversee Doctor scheduling
- Performance management of doctors, maintaining a regular cadence of one-on-one meetings to provide support, feedback, and coaching. Targeted coaching and mentorship of new graduates.
- Lead doctor recruiting efforts and ensure onboarding and integration of new doctors into the hospital
- Policy and protocol development with a focus on maintaining high standards of care in the hospital and optimizing workflow
- Ensure compliance with the Thrive Controlled Drug Policy, and state and federal controlled drug requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and recommendations with the support of the hospital safety committee
- Monitor and oversee Doctor KPIs and financial data to achieve budget performance and goals in collaboration with the practice manager
- Work to develop client relationships with the practice including handling complaint review and mitigation
- Maintain excellent relationships with referring veterinarians with outreach and communication
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from an accredited university with a license to practice in the state of the hospital location
- Maintain DEA registration as required by the Controlled Substances Act
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of practice experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills. Must possess sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.