Instrument Sterilization Technician
ACCESS Pasadena is looking for an Instrument Sterilization Technician to join our team!
Why work at ACCESS Pasadena? Our starting pay ranges from $19-$21/hour, dependent upon experience and skills assessment. Industry leading benefits. We care about you and your family with benefits such as 100% paid parental leave (and purr-rental leave), paid bereavement, financial planning assistance, educational opportunities and more!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and intake all new inventory items, communicate with staff where it's located
- In charge of weekly inventory audits, communicate and collaborate closely with the inventory manager and doctors about orders for the department
- Organize the scrub room on a daily basis
- Prepare/Clean OR prior to surgery and post
- Clean the instruments, place in ultrasonic, place in milk, lay out to dry
- Know how to change and maintenance the ultrasonic and milk
- Properly pack instruments using the correct indicators and containers or pouches
- Maintain and care for surgical instruments and be aware of inventory
- Be able to properly use the Autoclave and know how to maintenance it
- Gain the EO2 Gas sterilizer certificate and be able to properly run gas loads
- Help stock the treatment area and maintain the laundry
- Make sure the OR is completely stocked and the most commonly used packs are filled with back stock
- Help maintain the anesthetic machines; change carbolime, refill gas anesthetic in prep and OR’s
- Help assist technicians with restraint and minor treatments
- Open to working overtime
- Responsible for upholding the spirit of ACCESS by handling all necessary tasks that require attention
- Passionate in maintaining sterility in your work environment.
- Very organized and able to maintain an inventory.
- Have schedule flexibility
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time