More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Lyndhurst Animal Clinic, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Lyndhurst Animal Clinic, you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
We have proudly served Lyndhurst, Ohio, and the surrounding area for more than 35 years. We are committed to providing the best care for our clients and their pets. We also care for our community and regularly participate in local events like Jog for Dogs and a hospital-supported charity fund for pets in need. Our staff is fear-free certified and committed to practicing modern veterinary medicine. Our Medical Director enjoys performing complex dental procedures and our associate veterinarian has a special interest in ophthalmology. Our staff and our location have continued to grow over the years to help meet the needs of pets. Our veterinarians and our excellent support staff provide full-service medical and surgical expertise.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
Lyndhurst Animal Clinic is looking for a Veterinary Assistant to join us as part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare community.
Our Veterinary Assistants ensure quality care for pets and promote greater efficiency by relieving technicians and veterinarians of technical and administrative work. The Veterinary Technician Assistant performs a variety of patient- and client-care duties and conducts patient assessments, oversees animals recovering from anesthesia, and performs procedures and treatments.
- Uses sound judgment when making decisions about patient care
- Responds quickly and calmly to emergencies
- Maintains high standards of patient care
- Communicates clearly with the veterinarians, other hospital personnel, and clients to ensure that patients receive the care they need
- Must be friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and coworkers
- Able to multi-task, prioritize tasks well, and think creatively
- Provide for patient and client comfort by keeping the hospital clean and presentable
- Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises.
- May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste, and contagious diseases
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Is compassionate and empathetic
- Works well on a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in a veterinary hospital setting is required
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $15/hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.