Unique ways we can help you THRIVE!
- We offer a Veterinary-Specific EAP, with mental health support available 24/7/365 through phone, web, text, and onsite at hospitals.
- Pet Perks including free exams, discounts on products and services and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations.
- Our Perks at Work Marketplace with over 30,000 discounts on everything from cars to travel to home/garden.
What WE offer YOU!
- Competitive Salary
- Annual discretionary fund (CE, books, fees/dues, conferences, etc)
- 401k + match
- Direct access to medical leadership to discuss cases and address any questions or concerns.
Our facility is a 24/7, 365 day a year emergency hospital that also houses board-certified specialists in internal medicine, surgery, and cardiology.
The successful candidate will be a personable team player who is friendly, approachable and has a client-centric approach to specialty care.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in an emergency room setting, or intern experience in ER.
- Strong medical, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Interest in building and nurturing relationships with our referring veterinarians. Provide leadership, staff development, and accountability in accordance with our policies/procedures.
- No "On Call" shifts.
- No surgery.
Our practice enjoys a strong referral base and support from our local and surrounding primary care veterinarians. You will also be supported by specialists in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Surgery (orthopedic & soft tissue), and a wonderful staff of exceptional Veterinary Technicians and Technician Assistants.
Our facility is fully equipped with an 8-Slice CT, HBOT, digital radiography, GE ultrasound units, full endoscopy equipment, Surgical suite—along with a full rehabilitation unit with an underwater treadmill.
The region has several blue-ribbon schools, plus a thriving performing arts area. For your recreational needs, there is the C&O Canal Trail, which runs for 184 miles from Washington, DC all the way to Cumberland, MD. Close to historic Harpers Ferry, WV where John Brown’s raid on the Armory occurred, Antietam National Battlefield in Sharpsburg, MD and Pack Horse Ford in Shepherdstown, WV, the region has endless opportunities to experience the rich history of our nation’s past. And don’t forget our professional sports teams! The Redskins and The Ravens for Football, The Wizards for basketball, The Capitals for hockey, DC United for soccer, and The Nationals and Orioles for baseball. Nestled just outside the hustle and bustle of two major cities, you get the charm of a small town with access to all the excitement our neighbors have to offer.
With the support of the entire hospital staff you will carry out CARE’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly to Ellen Hemm at [email protected]
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.