Astoria Veterinary Group is a place where Medicine and Compassion Meet. We are currently looking for a Full-Time Veterinary Assistant to join our unique team!
Why work at Astoria Veterinary Group?
- We focus on our people. We only go as far as they will take us.
- We are a large practice with the opportunity to learn from 7 doctors!
- We have a family atmosphere which is important to us and our continue culture.
- We focus on continual investment in improving our facilities and offerings.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Someone who is a motivated team player.
- Someone who can communicate effectively and professionally with our doctors, customers, and other staff members.
- Someone who has a desire and passion to learn every day.
- Someone who has compassion for both the animal patients and the pet owners.
- Medical or Veterinary experience preferred
- Good customer service and phone skills
- Positive adaptable attitude
Our Veterinary Assistant are responsible for a variety of tasks related to customer service and patient care within the veterinary practice including, but not limited to:
- Assist with exam rooms as needed, including taking histories and performing in room diagnostics
- Maintenance and cleaning of rooms as needed
- Maintenance and cleaning of office and kennels
- Animal restraint
- Filling medications for patients
- Handling/Packing of sterile surgical instruments
- Client communications including reviewing medication and go home instructions
- Cross-trained for front office duties such as answering phones, checking clients in and out, maintaining medical records, using fax/scanner and Microsoft Office programs
At Astoria Veterinary Group, our Mission is to treat all pets as our own, and clients as our friends! If you love working in a team-oriented environment, working with animals and are looking to advance your career within the veterinary field, we encourage you to apply to become an integral part of our team!
Please apply online or send all resumes to [email protected]