Licensed Veterinary Technician
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Pittsford Animal Hospital is seeking a Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our amazing team!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is licensed in the state of New York or has the ability to transfer their license
- Has a professional yet upbeat demeanor
- Is dependable and reliable
- Has prior Veterinary experience
Assisting veterinarians in the treatment of animals with proficient technical skills including:
- Laboratory tests
- Emergency procedures
- Surgery and dental procedures
- Administer and fill prescription medications
- Appropriately maintains treatment room, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/monitors, x-ray machines, dental and autoclaving equipment; ensures appropriate supplies are on hand in the treatment room(s)
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times
- courteous when performing client communications; including client education and information through face-to-face, telephone, or email communication
- Demonstrates professional behavior and maintains good rapport by respecting DVM's decisions, maintaining professional interactions with the hospital team, accurately maintains medical records as appropriate
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology required
- Valid New York State Veterinary Technology license
- Must be able to lift heavy pets and objects (up to 50lbs)
- Must be comfortable and confident when handling large animals
- Must be able to stand for long periods, and able to do some bending; squatting, reaching, pulling
Why Work for Pittsford Animal Hospital?
Our staff is highly trained and professional, and we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our patients and pet parents. We strive to have an emotionally intelligent working environment, which correlates to a stress-free environment for our patients. We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and MUCH MORE! Apply today!!