Pet Resort Specialist
Camp Wignall Pet Resort Specialist (Part-Time)
(This position includes nights and weekends)
** Compensation starts at $18/hour! **
The ideal candidate:
- works well independently as well as on a team
- has strong communication & leadership skills
- is hard-working and reliable
- is physically able to perform all duties associated with this position
Duties of a Pet Resort Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with owners, management, and other staff about the needs of animals in care of the hospital.
- Work collaboratively with the Wignall Team to ensure a safe and comfortable stay for all pets.
- Provide boarding dogs and cats with clean bedding, fresh water and food.
- Clean soiled cages, pet accidents, and outside eliminations in a timely manner and in accordance with hospital/kennel protocols.
- Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary environment at all times in all kennel areas.
- Laundry and housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Checking dogs/cats in and out of boarding and daycare following the kennel process.
- Using EzyVet & Smartflow software to read pet files, record appetites, enter bathroom notes, enter charges, etc.
- Monitor and report signs of illness, injury, or behavior concerns to the appropriate person.
- Follow feeding and care guidelines set forth by owners and management/veterinary staff.
- Oversee playgroups for safety and manage the behavior of dogs in play groups or one on one play using training and tools provided.
- Report any equipment malfunction and safety concerns to Pet Resort or Practice Manager.
- Follow all protocols set forth in the Kennel Ops Manual which includes how to handle animals that are sick, injured, post-surgical, and/or aggressive.
- All other duties as assigned.
Pet Resort Specialists provide care and comfort to dogs and cats in our boarding and daycare facilities. They work directly with the animals providing meals, play time, and specialized care. Experience handling dogs and cats is required. Pet Resort Specialists report directly to the Pet Resort Boarding and Daycare Manager.
Working Conditions: The work environment is within clinical practice. Pet Resort Specialists must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment that can be physically and emotionally demanding. They must be able to handle clients' interactions and be prepared to perform housekeeping duties as described above. Candidates need to be interested in animals and committed to their care and well-being. They must be able to work on their feet for long periods of time and are aware that they can be exposed to bites and scratches, and that the kennel can become a loud environment.
There is a possibility of allergies and exposure to zoonotic diseases and staff members are encouraged to wear protective gear according to situations that may arise.
The kennel operates 7 days a week from 7 am-8/9 pm and does not close due to inclement weather.
Apply Today! #LI-SB1