Assistant Facilities Manager - Remote
The Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible for coordinating and assisting with day-to-day functions of a fast-growing facilities department. The Assistant Facilities Manager will directly report to the Facilities Manager to assist with a vast array of administrative duties including but not limited to receiving requests for building maintenance assistance, log and create service tickets to facilities ticketing system dispatch of facilities vendors then monitors service queue for orderly/timely response and completion to maintenance issues in a veterinary environment. This role will be a pivotal part in expanding the facilities department to support the building maintenance needs of a fast-growing portfolio of veterinary practices. This position will evolve as the department develops.
- Perform administrative support for an expanding facilities department including ordering, vendor management, scheduling, reporting, work order coordination, and purchase order coordination.
- Assist with a wide range of inbound facilities requests; processes requests as they arrive via work order ticketing system.
- Validate facilities service requests and dispatches maintenance vendors.
- Monitors the service queue to ensure all incoming tickets have been assigned and are being resolved in a timely manner.
- Basic troubleshooting of facilities issues to validate incoming maintenance service requests.
- Assist with sourcing maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, and life safety vendors nationwide.
- Assist with obtaining estimates and quotes.
- Assist with Capital Purchase Order requisitions and implementation of Capital projects.
- Assist with implementation of preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist with afterhours emergencies, as necessary.
- Other administrative and operational duties, as necessary.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and accuracy.
- Self-starter and strongly motivated to seek tasks through completion.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of common building maintenance issues and pricing associated with correcting issues is a must.
- Ability to independently manage multiple scopes of work on multiple workflows.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance industry terminology.
- Knowledge of commercial leases is a plus.
- Proficiency in Workday is a plus.
This position can be Austin, TX or Phoenix, AZ based.