Veterinary Assistant - Woodland Hills, CA
Veterinary Cancer Group SFV is hiring a Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing oncology team! The Veterinary Assistant is the primary support to doctors and patients.
According to the Veterinary Cancer Society, 1 in 4 dogs will develop cancer at some point. The statistics are slightly better for cats.
The good news is that many diagnosed with cancer, survive, and go on to do happy, healthy pet stuff.
At the Veterinary Cancer Group – one of the largest and most technologically sophisticated veterinary oncology groups in the world – we are working to push past the statistics, and we’d love you to be part of this journey.
This position gives you the opportunity to be at the forefront of animal medicine and make a recognizable difference with patients and those who love them. It calls for champions, those who can rise to the occasion and quietly pat themselves on the back. At the Veterinary cancer group you will be able to work alongside some of the smartest and friendliest doctors, peers, and specialists. If you are a cool operator, ambitious, and professional then this is the right position for you. Please apply below. Experience in oncology is not necessary but certainly a plus.
- Able to assess patient’s condition
- Proficient in catheterizations i.e.: urinary, IV., including butterfly catheters
- Calculate fluid rates and drug dosages
- Perform routine laboratory analyses, including hematology, serology, blood chemistry, Administer and monitor anesthesia in accordance with state regulations
- Perform ECG
- Administer oral drugs and SQ, IV or IM injections
- Prepare cytology slides for examination
- Monitor critical patients
- Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration
- Able to fill out lab request forms, procedural request forms, charts and treatment sheets and complete any other necessary forms
- Help maintain inventory
- Take radiographs
- Provide quality patient care for hospitalized and Chemotherapy day patients
- Maintain medical record information using Ezyvet practice software
- Perform other duties as assigned
Of course, there is way more to the job, but if you’re curious, and hungry to work where there are more smiles than tears, and where there’s the potential to strengthen your career, reach out to us to today – we’d be delighted to hear from you. We won’t bite.
Job Types: Full-time
Benefits for full time team members include:
Progressive Health insurance
Employee assistance program
Incredible pet discounts
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Learn more about us at : www.vetcancergroup.com
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place Please send resumes to [email protected] , serious applicants only, please.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
All candidates applying to positions in the state of California must undergo additional background screening prior to being selected.