Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Petcare Hospital & Wellness Center is looking to add Experienced Veterinary Assistant to our amazing team!!
Petcare Hospital & Wellness Center is a high end, 5 doctor hospital with a client focused company culture. Our hospital offers wellness and preventative medicine for dogs and cats. Our talented veterinarians perform many soft tissue surgeries daily. We are located in East Mill Creek.
An experienced Veterinary Assistant should have a minimum 1-year experience working as a Vet Assistant in a clinical setting.
Competitive salary starting at $18 -- $23 hr (Depending on Experience)
Four-day work week much of the year with Saturday rotation
Paid Time Off 80 hours to start
Generous employee Discounts for pets
401k with employer match
Paid Parental and Purr-ental Leave (adoption of a pet)
Milestone Award Program - tenure-based bonuses at 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years!
Employer paid Life Insurance
Continuing Education Opportunities
Our Vet Assistants are vital to many areas of the hospital. Each day presents new challenges, whether you are
- Performing radiographs, blood draws, catheter placements, and many other medical treatments
- Aiding our Veterinary Technicians and Veterinarians
- Restraining animals in a safe, efficient, and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures.
- Clean and maintain the exam and treatment rooms
- Prepare instruments and medications as directed by veterinary personnel
- Perform exam room check-in and educate clients
- Assisting DVMs during procedures by restraining animals, conducting tests, monitoring vitals, and administering medications
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets' medical procedures, including treatment plans and costs
- Maintaining examination, treatment, and surgical suite, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/ monitors, x-ray machines, dental, and autoclaving equipment
The ideal candidate must be a team-player, detail-oriented and have strong multi-tasking skills. Flexibility in schedule and dependability are qualities that are highly regarded. You should be comfortable with fundamental and intermediate vet assistant skills such as IV catheter placement, blood draws, radiographic positioning, laboratory efficiencies, as well as comfortable and confident handling dogs and cats of all sizes and temperaments. Basic wellness/medical knowledge and exceptional customer service skills required.
Ambitious and positive attitude is a must!
We are hiring for both part time and full-time positions, apply today, we look forward to meeting you!