Veterinarian Medical Director
San Diego Pet Hospital is seeking a Medical Director. Are you a leading veterinarian that is looking for loyal and dedicated clients, an educated and compassionate support team?
San Diego Pet Hospital is in Lemon Grove, a suburb of San Diego, and is the longest continuously operating animal clinic in all of San Diego, established in 1942. We have a well-equipped facility with a devoted and highly skilled staff. We have a passion for supporting an emotionally intelligent atmosphere with a culture that understands the importance of a great work/life balance!
The Medical Director has the best of both worlds and will practice medicine in addition to leading the practice. Duties include managing the operations of the hospital and being primarily responsible and the authority to/for community outreach, client relations, staff management, coaching, and development, reviewing medical charts, and monitoring financial data to achieve budget goals.
Who we are:
- We provide exceptional care to our patients, and the people who love them.
- Bilingual staff serving Lemon Grove and surrounding areas since 1942.
- Progressive medicine including surgery, digital radiology, ultrasound, preventative, lab work and more.
- Collaborative and supportive doctor and team environment
- Positive hospital culture
- Our care is supportive, ethical, and empathetic.
- We promote work / life balance.
What we are looking for someone who:
- With a commitment to practicing excellent patient care and leadership.
- Understands and applies the importance of the client experience.
- Has proficient skills in medicine, surgery, and dentistry.
- Keep current on new products and medical protocols.
- Ability to maintain accurate electronic medical records and regularly audit those of other doctors.
- Coordinate and disseminate Continuing Education for the doctor and medical team.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical Director Stipend
- Relocation support
- 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid parental leave.
- Fertility/adoption/surrogacy support and discounts
- Generous veterinary service discount for your pets
- Continuing education
- Annual allowance for CEs, dues, licenses, and more
- National network of colleagues
If you are a Veterinarian that wants to provide the best patient care while working on a team of exceptional industry professionals contact us today.
We look forward to meeting you!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.