Pet Resort Manager - Eagle-Vail, Co.
Vail Valley Animal Hospital is looking for a full-time, Pet Resort Manager to join our team!
- Position is located in Eagle-Vail, Co
- Compensation is $21/hr - $26/hr (based on experience in both animal care and management)
- Full-time, 3-day work week, weekends required!
- EPIC Ski Pass
We invest heavily in our employees and offer an amazing benefits package:
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Medical/Dental/Vision, including 401K employer match
- Uniform allowance
- 3 days paid time off for CE
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid parental leave and paid purr-ental leave
- Employer paid assistance programs to aid in mental wellbeing.
- And so much more!
The ideal candidate:
- Required: Weekend availability
- Required: Physically able to perform all duties associated with the Kennel Technician position, must be able to work on their feet for lengthy periods of time and be physically able to lift, hold or restrain animals of all sizes and temperaments
- Preferred:2+ years of management experience in a similar environment
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as on a team
- Strong communication & leadership skills
- Hard working, punctual, and reliable
- Believes in superior customer service
The Pet Resort manager oversees the boarding & daycare programs at Vail Valley Animal Hospital Eagle-Vail. This position is a mix of "on the floor" and admin duties. This position is full time, 3-day work week (3 twelves - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) giving a work life balance of 4 days off per week. Weekends are a requirement of this position unless approved and covered PTO as the pet resort manager will often be working alone when the veterinary hospital is closed over the weekend and will perform cross functional roles and multitask at a high level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Excellent standard of care for pets and closely monitoring their health and wellbeing
- Customer service and sympathies to clients with anxious pet owners
- Performing regular housekeeping, kennel and daycare duties (animal care, feeding and cleaning, laundry, etc)
- Hiring/Training/Mentoring/Managing kennel staff and their schedules (Collaboratively with the Practice Manager)
- Following and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures
- Attending and holding meetings
- Reviewing staff time sheets
- Troubleshooting repairs
- Inventory and ordering
Vail Valley Animal Hospital is a progressive multi-doctor, state-of-the-art practice that offers two convenient locations in beautiful Vail Valley, emergency and critical care services, boarding, general small animal practice, and specialist diagnostics and procedures on site. Our compassionate, enthusiastic and dedicated team create an excellent work environment and a consistent experience for our clients on a daily basis. The valley offers world class skiing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking and a community that is second to none. The location is ideal for all your outdoor passions and still close enough to Denver to get a quick city fix. Visit our website for more information about our hospital! https://www.vailvalleyanimalhospital.com/.
Have questions? Email Kathryn at [email protected]. Please specify the name of the veterinary clinic and position to which you are applying.