Kennel Technician $500 Sign On Bonus
CanyonVet Canyon Lake is looking to add Kennel Technicians to join their amazing team!
We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus (Ask for details upon submitting your application)
We offer an amazing benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, PTO, paid parental leave, amazing pets benefit, and much more!
Kennel Technician Job Description
As a Kennel Technician your duties will include but are not limited to; walking dogs outside in hot/cold/rainy conditions, cleaning kennels/runs including walls/floors/ceilings/windows/doors, feeding/watering dogs/cats, bathing dogs/cats (including trimming toenails, cleanings ears, and expressing anal glands), elimination/feeding record notation, scooping feces from all parts of the inside and outside of the facility, notating of tasks completed in Impromed (veterinary software), housekeeping duties throughout the facility, inventory, OSHA awareness and compliance, extraordinary customer service and maintaining a practical knowledge of the hospital's procedures, services, and policies. The expected manner of every team member is to maintain a professional demeanor at all times, use appropriate medical terminology, and support practice ownership, management, and fellow team members at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION BASICS –
• Bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, standing/walking on the concrete floor up to 12 hours a day, typing, writing, balancing, twisting, squatting, and rotating throughout the day.
• Moving animals from cage to cage, floor to floor, room to room. Restraining animals up to 200 pounds intermittently, lifting animals up to 50 pounds, and lifting animals over 50 pounds with help.
• Ability to maintain an alertness level to keep safe from possible danger, resilience after disappointment or constructive feedback, compassion, to follow the ethical guidelines of your profession and this hospital, powers of keen observation for patient care, excellent reading/comprehension/legible writing skills, ability to negotiate with difficult people and problem solve and the ability to make rational and effective decisions.
• Keep team mentality in mind at all times, be prepared and willing to offer assistance and ask for assistance when needed, keep a positive professional outlook, completely abstain from gossip/negative observation regarding clients/team members or other professionals or other behavior that can whittle away at the healthy foundation of a team.
• Attend staff meetings, participate in hospital functions like an open house, community efforts, and special events. Be prepared to present topics at the occasional staff meetings.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS –
• Noise exposure from barking dogs and machinery.
• Danger of being bitten or scratched.
Related keywords: animal, animal care, veterinary assistant, kennel assistant, kennel technician, kennel, dog