Veterinary Extern Coordinator
In partnership with leadership teams, you will develop and launch a process for tracking and supporting student externs through every point of connection with Pathway & THRIVE. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and tracking overall student clinical experience compliance.
- Counsels students on expectations, requirements and guides students to appropriate resources.
- Work proactively with students to ensure all necessary health and safety documentation is uploaded and approved in required systems.
- Proactively partner with students to determine and identify best placement options.
- Responsible for outreach and development of clinical sites and extern supervisors, for hospitals that are new to hosting externs
- Partner with veterinary schools to integrate their systems for student selection of externship opportunities with our systems
- Identifying extern needs – housing, school credit, etc – and ensuring we meet those needs
- Connect with local, regional, and national medical and operations leadership to ensure a quality experience, both medically and culturally, in each practice that hosts an extern
- Utilize surveys and personal check-ins to collect feedback on extern experiences and improve the process accordingly
- Partner with university recruiters to create seamless transitions into the offer stage of the recruiting process
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Creating and coordinating complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events
- Setting priorities, making critical decisions, and remaining flexible in high pressure situations
- Executing responsibilities in a timely, meticulous and professional manner, while demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintaining database systems to protect confidentiality of data and records
- Creating, managing, and using data to support decision making
- Ability to interact effectively with university and vendor administrators and leaders