Village Veterinary Medical Center is Hiring a Full-Time Veterinary Assistant to join our Amazing Team!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is energetic and has a friendly demeanor
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Has a flexible schedule
- Minimum two years veterinary assistant experience required
Seeking a motivated individual who is energetic, has excellent attention to detail, a team player, able to multi-task, and willing to learn on the go. We are searching for someone who has a pleasant demeanor, able to work under pressure and has exceptional written and verbal communication skills, computer skills and is willing to go the extra mile to provide the best care to our patients and clients.
Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends, and some holidays. Veterinary assistant experience required.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting veterinarians and technicians with patient care
- Animal restraint and handling
- Obtain and record patient histories
- Performing routine in-house lab work, radiographs, and venipuncture
- Preparing and administering prescriptions and communicate discharge instructions to clients
- Prepare and administer vaccines
- Monitoring hospitalized patients
- Walking, feeding and bathing patients
- Maintaining hospital cleanliness
- Client education
At Village Veterinary Medical Center, we provide an emotionally intelligent work environment with a positive work/life balance. We are a fast-paced, state-of-the-art AAHA-accredited hospital in West Knoxville, located near lots of shopping and beautiful parks. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and superior customer service to their owners.
If you are passionate about pets and want to begin your career in the veterinary industry, we want you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off, gym membership, and pet benefits!Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!