Licensed Veterinary Technician
We are a general practice animal hospital in Manhattan's Upper West Side seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, mental health support, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, and pays attention to detail. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians are the heartbeat of our team and work side by side our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. A full-time position would require working between 30-40 hours a week.
- Assisting DVMs during procedures by restraining animals, conducting tests, monitoring vitals, and administering medications.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets' medical procedures, including the next steps.
- Maintaining treatment room, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/ monitors, x-ray machines, dental, and autoclaving equipment.
- Must be comfortable and confident handling large animals.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Taking digital radiographs (x-rays)
- Providing sedation for diagnostic procedures
- Feeding patient through peg-tube and Naso-gastric tubes
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Previous veterinary experience is preferred, however not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.
Negotiable based on credentials and experience with an hourly pay rate starting at $25/hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Take a peek at our website to see just how fun and rewarding working with us will be: https://www.animalgeneral.com.