Kennel Assistant - VSCS
Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle is seeking a Kennel Assistant to join our rapidly growing hospital.
Our Kennel Assistants or Animal Care Assistants (ACAs) are essential in helping with the daily flow of our busy Emergency & Specialty Hospital. They are relied on for many things, including hospital maintenance and general patient care. This position has the potential to lead to a Veterinary Assisting role in the future, depending on the right candidate.
Assist technical staff and DVMs by providing direct care and maintenance of kennels, Hospital, and surroundings, feeding and general husbandry of hospitalized or boarding pets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must treat animals with care and respect and work well with them and co-workers.
- Must enjoy keeping pets and kennels clean.
- Must have good time management skills.
Housekeeping and Maintenance of Hospital:
- Stock supplies as needed daily.
- Regular laundry duties (kept up on multiple times daily).
- Keep the exterior of the hospital clean and orderly and free of pet waste.
- Janitorial care of the hospital facility.
- Make certain entire hospital including treatment, surgery, kennels and runs are kept extremely clean through the day (so that a client could come back and see his/her pet without any notice.) This includes your own clothing and appearance.
- Alert the ER Technician Manager of any conditions that are unsafe including unrecognized hazards or infractions of safety rules.
General Patient Care:
- Compassionate nursing care is the top priority for all patients.
- Keep kennels clean, orderly and free of odors.
- Feed patients as directed.
- Exercise (walk) patients as directed.
- Ensure the comfort and cleanliness of hospitalized or boarding pets.
- Bathe or clean pets immediately that become soiled with urine, blood or feces as directed.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term success and happiness. We offer amazing benefits packages, including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401k, plus pet care discounts. For more information about our practice https://www.vscofseattle.com/
If you are looking for an opportunity for growth and to work with an amazing team that provides exceptional medical care, apply today!