Animal Care Assistant
Greece Animal Hospital is looking for an Animal Care Assistant to join our growing team!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must be self-motivated
- have great attention to detail
- able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work between 30-40 hours, the schedule will include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Providing quality, compassionate care to all patients.
- Demonstrating knowledge and capability to educate clients regarding hospital protocols, wellness, preventatives, nutrition, available services, recommendations, and processes and procedures.
- Accurately utilizing a computer information system (CIS) to record patient history information, update and maintain patient records, and process client payments as necessary.
- Demonstrating the ability to triage situations and advise clients regarding recommendations for appointments. Answers call promptly, courteously, and professionally, directing inquiries where appropriate and relaying accurate information on messages.
- Assisting DVMs and LVTs in appointments with patient restraint.
- Precisely dispenses pharmaceuticals as required.
- Stocks exam room and treatment room supplies and waiting room displays; and maintains proper disinfection/cleanliness of treatment, x-ray, surgery, labs, isolation wards, and all client areas.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, AAS or higher preferred
- Six months experience in customer service (with external customers) in a related field required, prior animal handling experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for extended periods- some pushing pulling, bending, and stooping required
- Some lifting required- up to 50lbs
Greece Animal Hospital is committed to providing compassionate care to the pets and families of Rochester and the surrounding area. Our team values integrity, honesty, and accountability. We have a passion for teaching our pet parents and growing our own knowledge. We believe in collaboration and teamwork! We use our talents to achieve our goal- which is providing quality care to our patients! We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more! Apply today!! Apply today!!