Licensed Veterinary Technician SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour
Cascade West Veterinary Hospital is looking for Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join their amazing team! We are a well established mixed animal practice that has been part of the Centralia community since 1942. As a large, small-town practice, we value the personal relationships we foster with our clients and are committed to providing the highest quality medicine. Our team prides itself on a strong healthy positive culture which is reflected in that we have team members that have been with us since 1995.
Additionally, we offer an incredible benefits package including health, vision, & dental, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet care discounts (free and significantly discounted services), and much more! Visit our website for more information about our practice https://cascadewestvet.com/
The Veterinary Technician is a licensed position for the state of Washington. The position is a crucial component for the medical care of our patients. The veterinarians rely on our technicians to execute their direction efficiently and accurately. In addition, the Veterinary Technician will mentor and delegate to the non-licensed Veterinary Assistants.
- Education equivalent to two years of college (pre-veterinary curriculum) or Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT preferred).
- 1 years of recent LVT experience in a veterinary practice.
- Knowledge commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- A current Veterinary Medication Clerk license.
- Preferred CPR certified both animal and human.
- Demonstrate and oversee that exceptional, compassionate patient care is consistently provided.
- Alert and oversee that any change in a patient’s condition is promptly reported the veterinarian.
- Demonstrate and oversee that proper handling of potential zoonotic disease concerns.
- Demonstrate and oversee patients are properly and timely being medicated.
- Demonstrate and oversee proper patient restraint.
- Execute and oversee that proper medical files have been appropriately updated in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and oversee proper diagnostic procedures are performed.
- Exam Room Assistant duties
- Veterinary Assistant duties.
- Treatment nurse duties.
- Surgical Assistance.
- ICU duties.
- Other duties as assigned.