Veterinary Inventory Technician ($1500 Signing Bonus)
$1500 Signing Bonus for qualified candidates!
Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle is seeking an Inventory Technician to add to our growing team!!
The Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle offers an incredible benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits. We provide uniforms at no cost to you. We support those wishing to grow in their career and offer many opportunities for training in communication and leadership throughout the year. For more information about out practice visit https://www.vscofseattle.com/
The fundamental responsibility of the Inventory Technician is to effectively use all available resources to provide the best possible inventory operation; as well as to ensure the profitability of the practice. These duties include, but are not limited to overseeing ordering, stocking, and assessing the supply and equipment needs.
The purpose of this position is to oversee all aspects that are principally related to the inventory of VSCS. The fundamental responsibility of the Inventory Technician is to effectively use all available resources to provide the best possible inventory operation; as well as to ensure the profitability of the practice. These duties include, but are not limited to overseeing ordering, stocking, and assessing the supply and equipment needs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish inventory control systems to assure adequate stocks of supplies are available. Working with vendor representatives, negotiate best prices for all products purchased.
- Manage supply activities. Supervise maintenance and proper storage of supplies and equipment. Analyze and monitor the turnover rate of supplies and equipment and provide necessary guidance in the requisition to replenish needed requirements.
- Meet with vendors to learn about new products, services, and pricing structures.
- Meet with the management team and practitioners regularly to assess product availability, concerns, and application.
- Stay current regarding any recent developments relative to new products or current products that are subject to backorders or being discontinued, share knowledge with team members.
- Monitor inventory costs and mark-up items according to the standardized industry benchmarks.
- Oversee the process of the receipt of shipment and unpacking of all inventory orders. Verify that all shipment documents match the shipment order and are received and undamaged. Returns incorrect or damaged shipments.
- Approve invoices in Workday and ensure they are correctly allocated to our location and coding.
- Monitor inventory and return items before they expire as well as return overstock items.
- Coordinate the ordering, logging, and tracking of controlled substances in the hospital, including maintaining stock in the lockboxes and keeping the lockbox integrity intact. (e.g., change locks, distribute keys)
- Oversee and utilize the hospital’s computer software to accurately and timely enter inventory data and coordinate with management any updates that are made to inventory items in regards to prices, markups, etc.
- Ensure that state pharmacy regulations and federal drug regulations are followed; coordinate with supervisors on controlled substance logs.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate SDS sheets and coordinate training and instruction with management and/or the hospital’s OSHA Safety Officer on any pertinent information regarding hazardous chemicals and/or products.
- Oversee physical inventory counts for quarterly and year-end to assure accurate numbers as dictated by the hospital’s management.
- Oversee equipment maintenance, repair, and ordering
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy
- Has transportation and is able to run errands as needed for hospital supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED plus four (4) years’ experience in the veterinary industry including experience as a Veterinary
• Preferred: Associate degree in Veterinary Technology with a CSOS (controlled substance ordering systems) administrative
certificate or equivalent experience.
• Basic knowledge of HR best practice approach within the workplace.
• Willingness to pursue further education regarding medications, products, surgical techniques, equipment, and Critical Care
• Strong medical, veterinary pharmacology, and veterinary nursing knowledge.
• Must be competent with software skills including operating systems within the veterinary industry, Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Excel, and SharePoint
• Demonstrated inventory knowledge including shipping and receiving protocols, par levels, inventory counts, overhead
• Willingness to be open to new technology on the horizon.
• Ability to adapt to and operate effectively in different roles with a variety of people, inside and outside the hospital.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve any given situation.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates a desire to ensure quality control measures are in place for cost control.
• Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
• Ability to apply basic math skills.
• Ability to bend and lift objects up to 40 pounds, stand and walk for long periods of time
This is a Monday-Friday full-time position with flexible scheduling options.
Why work at VSC of Seattle?
The Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle is a 24-hour Emergency and Critical Care and Specialty hospital. VSCS offers a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. We support Emergency and Critical Care, Neurology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology and Radiology, all in one hospital. We practice progressive medicine in a state of the art facility that houses CT, MRI, Interventional Radiology, endoscopy, echocardiography, chemotherapeutic services, stem cell therapy, acupuncture and more. We pride ourselves on providing compassionate medical care and exceptional client service.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!