Barn Attendant (Weekends) - Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
Saturday & Sunday shift, 7 AM to 4 PM. Hours vary seasonally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES to be completed under the supervision of a licensed DVM:
- Charting of patient manure and urine production as well as food and water consumption.
- Feeding and watering hospitalized patients as well as those housed in the mare motel.
- Removing soiled bedding from stalls and keeping walls clean.
- Keeping all hospital areas swept and debris-free.
- Disinfecting stalls between horses.
- Perform isolation cleaning and disinfection.
- Restocking of certain areas.
- Occasional restraint of patients.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of general sanitation principles.
- Equine and large animal handling experience is mandatory.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willing to learn new skills and work as directed with some supervision.
- Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of walking and/or standing for long periods.
- May be required to use strength and/or agility in walking and restraining stronger, more active animals.
- Outside work is required.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises as well as bites, kicks and animal wastes.
- Possible exposure to contagious diseases.