Certified Veterinary Technician Surgery
The Animal Medical & Surgical Center is hiring an Experienced, Certified Veterinary Technician to join our INCREDIBLE Surgical team!
3 and 4-day work weeks!
Anniversary bonuses up to $50k!
Why work at Animal Medical and Surgical Center?
We are a close team who believes in helping each other and supporting each other regardless of title or position. We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment. We strive to promote a positive work/life balance and invest heavily in our employees. We provide time for continuing education for ALL positions, as well as educational opportunities in the clinic for our staff to continue to learn and grow.
We believe in going above and beyond to help our clients and have the support and benefits of being a part of a large network of hospitals through our parent company, Thrive Pet Healthcare.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, medical, dental, & vision, paid 'purr'rental and paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet benefits, and much more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience as a surgical veterinary technician
- CVT is required
- Is self-motivated
- Has strong communication skills
- Has excellent people skills
- Possesses strong technical skills
- Has experience in anesthesia and surgical assisting
- Has experience running diagnostic imaging (CT/Radiology)
We are searching for a team player with strong veterinary technical skills, including, but not limited to:
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ethical (diplomatic, courteous, professional)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on client care
- Able to observe the behavior and condition of animals
- Provide superior nursing care or emergency first aid to recovering or injured animals
- Comfortable with anesthetic patient monitoring of ASA I-III but preferred experience with ASA I-V
- Familiarity with the use of ventilators (preferred)
- Familiar with common orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries and post-operative care
- Able to obtain Blood pressure, interpret basic ECG, Sp02, and ETC02, and integrate clinical signs with disease processes to assist doctors in early and appropriate intervention of patient care
- Collect laboratory samples, such as blood, urine, or tissue, for testing
- Perform laboratory tests, such as urinalyses and blood counts
- Comfortable utilizing digital radiography machines to acquire images using proper technique and positioning
- Prepare animals and instruments for surgery
- Administer medications and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian
- Collect and record patients' case histories
- Provide surgical assistance and post-operative care
Visit our website for more information about our practice:
We look forward to hearing from you!