Licensed Veterinary Technician
Alpine Animal Hospital in Issaquah, WA is seeking full-time or part-time Licensed Veterinary Technician(s) to join our AAHA-accredited small animal General Practice. For over 30 years, Alpine Animal Hospital's medical team has provided exceptional and compassionate veterinary care for our neighbors, offering a wide range of diagnostic capabilities, including full in-house laboratory, digital radiology, ECG, and on-site ultrasound.
Alpine Animal Hospital operates seven days per week from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and License Veterinary Technicians are scheduled on rotation. LVTs are responsible for patient care in the following capacities: facilitating outpatient treatments, performing laboratory tests, surgery prep and assistance, anesthesia monitoring and recovery, triaging, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures and terminology
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, fluid and medication administration, and ability to assess patients)
- Possess basic organizational and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day
- WA State LVT license required
- At least 1 year of recent experience in a veterinary practice preferred General and dental surgery experience highly desirable.
For more about our practice https://alpineanimal.com/
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part a fun and dynamic team – look no further!