South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care is seeking a Facilities Technician to join our team!
We are currently seeking an energetic, technically competent, self-starter to join our team! The ability to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment while still being a team player is essential. The Facilities Technician will ensure the facility is maintained, clean, safe, and secure. Performs all custodial duties. Performs minor repairs to the building and equipment.
Why work at South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care? Our focus on delivering exceptional patient care and superior client service is at the heart of all we do. We value our team members and support them in reaching their long-term professional goals. We strive to live by our core values; kindness, accountability, relationship building, solution-focused, and a healthy work environment. We are working to build a hospital culture that fosters teamwork and collaboration and a caring, supportive, professional, and family environment. It is our belief that treating one another with respect and compassion will enable us to provide outstanding, empathetic service to our clients, referring veterinarians and the community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assure all areas of the hospital are clean, without odor and are kept in good condition.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments. Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Ensure that cages and animals are properly numbered and identified and the area is clean and a pleasant environment for our patients.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain kennels, cages, and runs as often as is necessary to ensure no cages or kennels are soiled and odors are not apparent. Perform general cleaning in other areas of the hospital to control the spread of disease. Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Launder and dry towels and blankets.
- Patrol hospital grounds daily, picking up any trash and stool material. Empty trash.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Maintain cleaning and maintenance logs to the satisfaction of the practice manager.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary or requested.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. issues.
- One year of commercial/residential maintenance/repair and/or janitorial experience preferred.
- Veterinary Hospital experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of construction and general maintenance practices and procedures along with industry safety standards is beneficial.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify problems, review information to develop and evaluate options is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, including skills with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Our benefits package is the best in the industry and includes health, dental, vision, paid parental leave, 401(k), paid time off, pet benefits, and much more!
We look forward to hearing from you, apply today!!