Emergency Veterinary Technician
Incredible Opportunity for an Emergency Veterinary Technician to join the team at Pet Specialist of Austin!
We are currently looking for Emergency Veterinary Technicians for night, or day shift.
Sign On Bonus available!
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Pet Specialists of Austin we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Pet Specialists of Austin you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
Pet Specialists of Austin is a 24 hour emergency and specialty referral hospital that invests heavily in our teams' growth and development. Opened in 2021, we pride ourselves on providing the Austin area with compassionate and quality emergency, and specialty care including neurology surgery, internal medicine and oncology. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
Emergency Veterinary Technicians perform a variety of animal-health and client-education duties and ensure quality pet and client care. The Emergency Technician should be proficient in both inpatient and outpatient technician duties, have a working knowledge of emergency, surgical and laboratory techniques and remain calm during stressful situations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong veterinary skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years recent experience in veterinary practice
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Veterinary Technician license is preferred
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
● Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
● Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
● A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
● Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
● Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
● Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
● Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.