More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Parkview Pet Clinic, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Parkview Pet Clinic, we offer primary, emergency, and urgent care for dogs and cats in Glendale, Los Angeles, La Canada Flintridge, Burbank, Montrose, and Pasadena.
We know that our clients trust us to provide the very best care, and living up to that trust is our most important responsibility. We understand that their pet is also their best friend and family member. This is why our entire team is dedicated to preserving this bond by providing the latest in veterinary medicine. With the pet's comfort and safety in mind, we offer advanced procedures to help eliminate the need for invasive surgery. Our staff strives to remain at the forefront of veterinary care to provide pets with the care they deserve.
Our clinic offers convenient hours, unparalleled customer service, and a full service offering, including various types of surgeries, dental cleaning/extractions, and ultrasounds. We also offer puppy and kitten packages.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
Parkview Pet Clinic is looking for a Veterinary Technician to join us as part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare community.
As a Veterinary Technician, you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Thrive Membership options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Previous veterinary technician/assistant experience required
- Registered Technician preferred, but not required
- Proficient in IV catheters placement, blood work, and IV, IM and SQ injections
- Proficient in monitoring anesthesia and working with various monitoring equipment
- Team player
- Eager to learn and is self-motivated
- Enjoys a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Sunday Availability Required
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $21 - $25 / hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.