Director, Compensation (Austin, TX or Remote)
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400 primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US, including 100 Thrive clinics. We are committed to creating the world's most trusted, innovative, and connected ecosystem for pet care that comprehensively serves the needs of veterinary caregivers, pets, and people who love them.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director, Compensation to join our fun, passionate, and expert People Operations team. Enjoy a unique opportunity to drive Thrive’ s compensation strategy, design, analysis, and administration. This is a pivotal role responsible for helping shape a compelling employee experience that attracts, retains, and motivates our talent.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the HRBP team, Operations, and senior management to develop a comprehensive compensation philosophy, including a concrete pay-for-performance linkage
- Drive job architecture and leveling, which will serve as the foundation upon which key compensation and talent management programs are built
- Build internally- and market-competitive salary structures and annual incentive plans; on an annual basis, conduct competitive pay and benefits benchmarking analyses
- Lead core compensation due diligence analyses for target acquisitions
- Lead the administration of and analyses for annual compensation cycles
- Paint a picture of People Operations metrics by preparing charts, graphs, and supporting recommendations for presentations to senior leadership
- Craft new (and refining existing) standard operating procedures for compensation processes and policies, aligning to both Thrive’s total rewards philosophy and market practice
- Complete other duties, as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or a related field
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- CCP, CEBS, PHR, or SHRM-CP certifications a plus
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Workday experience a plus
- Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data and tell a story with data, which also requires being able to first take a step back to consider the bigger picture
- Comfort in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, with a track record of building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with high intellect, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize competing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills