Veterinary Medical Custodian
Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care Center is looking for a Veterinary Medical Custodian to join our growing team!!
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma minimum
To maintain a clean, healthy environment for the animals, our clients, and our staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the facilities of a large veterinary hospital to a high level of cleanliness. The person in this position will not provide hands-on or direct care for animals.
- Thorough daily cleaning of all public areas, including bathrooms, floors, dishes, bedding, etc.
- Doing laundry, dishes, washing windows, cleaning and mopping floors multiple times a day
- Providing a healthy, clean, safe, and pleasant environment and facilities for the animals and public.
- Promoting a humane and caring attitude towards animals.
- Maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members.
- Stocking supplies.
- Cleaning of office spaces to include dusting, sweeping/vacuuming, and mopping.
- Other duties as assigned
Outside the facility, responsibilities include keeping the grounds free of debris, maintaining flower beds, daily cleaning of sidewalks, but does not require lawn mowing or any landscaping responsibilities. The candidate will not have any animal care responsibilities. Previous custodial experience is a plus, but not required.
- We are a specialty and emergency facility that is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Various shifts are available including early mornings & late evenings but rotating weekends and holidays are required