Rochester Community Animal Clinic (RCAC) is seeking a part-time Veterinary Assistant to join our growing team!
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes 401k, paid continuing education, student loan support, mental health and family support sessions, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An experienced Veterinary Assistant who is highly motivated, pays great attention to detail, able to work as a cohesive part of the team, and perform in a fast-paced environment. Our goal is to provide quality and compassionate care to all patients no matter their socio-economic background, this must be of high priority to our teammates. A part-time position would require working between 15-25 hours a week, Mondays-Fridays only—NO weekend or evening hours required!
- Communicating and educating clients on medical procedures and next steps.
- Ability to work independently in pre-op or recovery.
- Prepping and restraining animals for surgery.
- Cleaning and packing surgical equipment.
- Stocking exam and treatment rooms with supplies, maintaining a sterile environment for surgery.
- Utilizing computer information system to record patient history, update and maintain medical records.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a veterinary hospital.
- High school diploma or equivalent, AAS or higher preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reaching, standing, and walking throughout the day.