Licensed Veterinary Technician Supervisor
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Greece Animal Hospital for looking for an amazing and experience LVT Supervisor to join their team!
The ideal candidate:
- Manage all technical and kennel staff, ensuring a high quantity and quality of patient care and medical support to veterinarians
- Act as a role model in demonstrating MVA values
- Collaborate with the hospital director, associate veterinarians, and/or other supervisors to foster teamwork and facilitate a productive, professional working environment.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics
- Display a commitment to developing both supervisory and staff's skills
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Understands and consistently applies MVA policies and practices.
- Oversees the operation of the technical support staff and kennel staff
- All master scheduling, responsible for coverage on short notice/call-offs
- All hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline process for all technical and kennel staff
- Provides appropriate level of staffing for both client and internal customer needs
- Maintains all technical equipment through appropriate inspection and maintenance
- Required to handle technical caseload as needed
- Must be able to effectively assign work to appropriate Licensed Veterinary Technicians within the team concept. Interact with support staff, front desk, and kennel to ensure the best possible level of care for the pets
- Facilitates the effective handling of all staff complaints, processing and follow up, verbal and written
- Must become proficient in hospitals, procedures, fees, and computer information systems.
Serves as a role model and team leader; working with other department supervisors to enhance overall team function. Interacts professionally with all staff. Provides positive reinforcement to staff to stimulate high morale.
Experience: One to two years of front-line supervisory/management experience.
Education: Licensed Veterinary Technology degree; Bachelors preferred.
Licensure: NYS Veterinary Technician or reciprocal license from other state required.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (50lbs plus), pushing, pulling, stooping, squatting, reaching, standing, and walking most of the day; limited sitting.
Why Work for Greece Animal Hospital?
Greece Animal Hospital is committed to providing compassionate care to the pets and families of Rochester and the surrounding area. Our team values integrity, honesty, and accountability. We have a passion for teaching our pet parents and growing our own knowledge. We believe in collaboration and teamwork! We use our talents to achieve our goal- which is providing quality care to our patients! We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more! Apply today!! Apply today!!