Doggie Day Camp Technician - Greenbriar Vet Hospital & Luxury Pet Resort
Day Camp Technician
Day Camp technicians are responsible for providing a clean, safe and fun environment for the dogs that come to play with us. Technicians are expected to be hands on and engaging with the campers while out in the yard at all times, never leaving the yard unsupervised. Learning dog behavior and our grouping routines is required to help ensure the safest play groups. Becoming friendly with clients and letting them know about their campers day is an important part of building relationships/trust and giving them the best customer service possible.
All day camp technicians will report to the day camp leaders, if a day camp lead is not available they may go to a resort lead for guidance. All shift leaders report to the general manager. On occasion day camp technicians will be given direction from the director, medical director, or other leaders with in the building.
- Knowing and sharing basic dog behavior and body language
- Learning the grouping systems
- Setting up and cleaning up for each play day
- Over sees pets during playtime in the yard ensuring safe, hands on, interactive play is being provided
- Ensuring campers go home tired and happy
- Building relationships with both the pets and the clients
- Ensure all responsibilities are taken care of for the day
- Basic knowledge of the computer system and scheduler
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Adheres to all expectations and duties outlined
- Demonstrates initiative in everyday duties by staying busy and on task, assisting others during downtime, and filling in for others as needed
- Displays courtesy, consideration, and a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, patients, and other staff members
- Exercises time management skills for efficiency
- Proficient in multitasking
Looking to hire a full time candidate with flexible scheduling, some weekend and holiday shifts will be required.