Senior Software Engineer, Web Front End
We are looking for a highly skilled React.js Developer to collaborate with a team of developers and UX designers to develop and maintain web applications. You will be responsible for leading the development of all stages of the interface component design from conception through to execution. Important responsibilities include applying features to the user interface and designing and implementing mock-up wireframes UI as components. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills and is able to develop reusable, efficient, and scalable code.
This specific role will be very hands-on: you will work closely with our Marketing team to understand their unique needs and build solutions that enhance Pathway’s consumer digital presence. The role is also responsible for continuous monitoring and conducting multiple surveys/studies to understand user pain points, backgrounds, and motivations. They also collaborate with other members of the team to come up with novel designs that are on par with the specifications of the product.
We are looking for someone who has a consumer mindset to product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conceptualize, design, and develop user interface designs in a fast-paced online/mobile environment. Consumer applications as well as enterprise platforms
- Rapid prototyping
- Collaborate with stakeholders within a multi-disciplinary team to gather design requirements and translate those requirements into high-quality visual solutions.
- Understand and implement UI/UX best practices and drive improvements in designs and methodology.
- Design and develop user interface components and assets.
- Realize product concepts into visually compelling application designs.
- Establish a high-level vision for the solution.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, product owners, and development leads.
- Ability to interpret and apply client branding/corporate identity guidelines onto new and existing Platform applications and transactional (e-commerce/Mobile/consumer) websites.
- Support developers through the development phase.
- Design and documentation of user interfaces from detailed business requirements for application development.
- Establish useability and graphic design elements within applications.
- Liaise and work closely with developers on project delivery and web design and with the latest technology.
- Design the data and presentation layer of the web application’s front-end.
- Integrate a Content Management System (CMS) to provide content to the web application.
- Test and update web application so that it can be used on all web browsers.
- 6 years of related work experience in technology.
- A minimum of 5 years commercial experience in a web developer role, specifically using the React.JS framework.
- Experience designing consumer, enterprise software, or transactional web sites (e-commerce, Mobile, etc.).
- Experience designing for mobile devices: iPhone, iPad, Android.
- Previous experience in impressive and dynamic web GUI design and implementation.
- A strong portfolio that reflects industry experience.
- Strong experience in creating user-centered designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience in the analysis, development, and implementation of software-based business.
- Some experience in formal project management activities.
- Some experience in process mapping and change control.
- Experience in using CI/CD best practices for front-end web development.
- Experience in using automated testing tools for front-end web development.
- Experience in using a CMS to drive content to a web application. Ideally experience with the Contentful CMS.
- Experience with web user analytic tools.
- A self-motivated team player.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- High energy, flexible, innovative and the ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced and time-critical environment.
- A deep understanding of user-centered product development methodology.
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented, and willing to work in a fast-paced online development environment.
- Strong interaction and information design skills.
- Strong familiarity with Web design patterns and UI toolkits.
- Fluent in a range of design tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to job.
- Project and goal focus.
- Results Orientation.
- Ability to multi-task.