Canandaiguia Veterinary Hospital is in search of a Practice Manager to help lead our growing team!
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Essential in motivating staff and maintaining team morale.
- Initiates and leads programs to improve revenue, client retention, and employee performance.
- Works with Operation and Finance teams in preparing and managing budgets, making informed decisions to ensure the hospital meets annual revenue and EBITDA targets.
- Leads Clinical Manager team responsible for daily department operations, scheduling, and team development.
- Partners with the Medical Director to grow the practice through the implementation of new specialty services.
- Partners in recruiting, training staff, onboarding new employees, and noting any employee performance issues including termination.
- Accounts for an inventory control system to ensure adequate stocks of supplies are available. Plans for periodic inventory audits and counts.
- Accountable for controlled substance inventory and management.
- Supervises all maintenance activities to ensure that hospital medical standards are met.
- Promotes a client-centered environment, including resolving challenging client problems.
- Performs Office Manager functions including planning team meetings, informing the team of important details in a timely manner, and ensuring that all procedures are followed.
Knowledge or Experience in:
- Budgeting and financial reporting, reading and analyzing P&L statements
- Multifunctional operations including budget and labor management.
- Human Resource (HR) policies and protocol development.
- Basic computer skills and practice management software knowledge are preferred.
- Experience as an Administrator/Practice Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience, veterinary practice management experience is preferred.