*LOCUM Supervising Veterinarian - Original
PetCure Oncology located in SAGE Veterinary Center is currently seeking a LOCUM Supervising Veterinarian to join our team for beginning in May or June 2023! Any level of LOCUM support based on your availability.
PetCure Oncology, one of the most exciting, innovative, and fastest-growing veterinary oncology providers in the country, is looking for a unique, highly energized, compassionate Veterinarian to support our Radiation Oncology Service. We are looking for the very best. Be part of a great team delivering exceptional care with the very best
We, invest heavily in our teams' growth and development. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves in providing the best part-time benefits package in the industry which includes impressive pet benefits, 401(k), SupportLinc counseling sessions, paid bereavement, family support, and more!
Summary of Primary Responsibility and 5 Key Accountabilities
The primary role of the veterinarian is to support the onsite Radiation Oncologist and oversee clinical care within the department on Mondays and Tuesdays.
This position requires a California licensed veterinarian with 3-5 years of experience, preferably some exposure to oncology or the desire to develop more knowledge in treating cancer for pets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing the highest level of care and service to pet families and referring veterinarians.
• Oversight of patients exams and recheck appointments.
• Providing clinical support and coordinating care with all members of the referring DVM community, including both internal and external clinicians.
• Overseeing anesthesia and understanding of proper protocols.
• Strict adherence to the clinical protocols established by the SAB as well as company-wide quality assurance standards.
• A commitment to furthering the science of veterinary radiation therapy through data, research, treatment, and collaboration.
• Promotion of PetCure Oncology ideals and principles, which emphasize clinical research, exceptional service, a commitment to transparency, and industry-leading cancer care.
Vet 2 Vet Outreach
• Believe in and personify the PetCure brand
• In conjunction with the assigned Radiation Oncologist, work to develop deep relationships with the
referring veterinarian community through the Vet 2 Vet Outreach and Affiliate Program
• A high degree of technical capability and understanding of all our technical systems inside and out.
• Ensure the highest accuracy of system data consistent with brand standard
• Commitment to research initiatives and supporting data
• Utilize technology to streamline client experience process
• Communication with clients is clear and heartfelt and delivered with compassion
• DVM holds a standard to provide the best experience for the pets and the pet owners and holds the team accountable to do the same.
• Engagement scores through our Cal Pro survey system should be at 90-95% for Net Promoter Score (NPS)
• Consistently providing timely follow-up and responsiveness to clients
Skills & Knowledge:
• Prior experience with anesthesia protocols
• Prior experience in working with oncology patients or animals with a progressive disease is a plus
• Prior experience in a veterinary environment where you had to react quickly and make clinical decisions in a quick but thoughtful manner
• Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to build trust amongst all audiences.
• Exceptional communication, written and oral
• High level of customer service execution
• Tech-savvy (SalesForce.com, Smartsheets, Microsoft Office, Windows, spreadsheets, email) and easily able to pick up on new technology
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Prior experience in hiring and developing talent
PetCure Oncology is a national veterinary cancer care provider that operates radiation oncology services within market-leading specialty animal hospitals around the country. Through these partnerships, we collaborate with specialists across services to offer pet owners and referring veterinarians comprehensive cancer care. PetCure specializes in the delivery of veterinary radiation therapy, including stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) delivered on Varian equipment with VMAT technology and onboard imaging. The Eclipse Treatment Planning System and Radiological plan review software support these treatments. All SRS patients are treated within the science -driven protocols established by our Scientific Advisory Board and its Clinical Protocol Committee.
For more information about this opportunity, contact Christina Ramirez via [email protected] or. Apply Now!
Thrive Pet Healthcare celebrates and embraces the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.