Application Support Associate
We are currently searching for immediate hire an Application Support Associate to provide technical and application support to the PAS organization within 3 departments: Operations, Technical Support, and Quality Assurance.
- Installs and configures PAS products at client’s site.
- Conducts training for client on the utilization and administration of PAS products.
- Provides technical support to clients.
- Writes up documentation for all completed installation projects.
- Maintains a professional demeanor while interfacing with clients.
- Works closely with software developers, customer care support team, quality assurance and other Deployment Engineers to complete installation projects successfully.
- Technical Support
- Investigate PAS product technical issues encountered by customers, and communicate to the customer the resolution to the issues and problems.
- Assist customers with software installations and troubleshooting via phone, remote connections like Microsoft LiveMeeting, and email.
- Provide customers with software instructions and or functionality assistance.
- Maintain constant contact with assigned customers in an effort to keep them updated on the progress toward resolutions of software related issues.
- Notify software development personnel of new and/or reoccurring critical software defects.
- Validate product defects prior to escalating to product managers and/or software development.
- Create and manage assigned customer and internal cases in the PAS CRM system.
- Validate software licenses as needed and contact appropriate PAS personnel if a license is expired and/or incorrect.
- Partner with other PAS internal departments on escalated customer cases.
- Assist with onsite customer installation or troubleshooting visits as required.
- Common Functions
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and problem solve with an ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Complete expense reports and timesheets.
- Complete weekly activity report if required.
- Perform various back office activities, such as setting up computers and/or networks.
- Technical Degree is required.
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in customer or technical support desired.
- Must obtain TWIC identification (with PAS assistance).
- Must pass Houston Area Safety Council basic certification.
- Experience with Windows OS in a server environment.
- Understanding of basic networking principles (e.g. IP addressing, Network components such as routers, switches etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to create/edit scripts, batch jobs etc.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written work processes.
- Understanding of network protocols such as Telnet, FTP and HTTP highly desired.
- Experience with Process Control desired.