See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
Do you love it when text aligns perfectly on a webpage? Do you cringe when it doesn’t? Where others may call the process of pasting, rendering, formatting and editing monotonous, you thrive in the detail. You don’t just see a final product, you see the steps that will bring it to life—pivot this image, fade this background, increase this spacing...
Our Production Artist will join the Creative Team and will manage a high-volume pipeline to turn out sales and marketing collateral daily, heavily focused on laying out translated copy into approved, pre-existing assets. This will include following brand guidelines to produce and follow templates to create flyers, emails, presentations, web and social graphics.
A Typical Day
- Design: Create, complete, redesign, maintain, or revise print and digital assets across a variety of platforms. The bulk of the work will be laying out translated copy into approved, pre-existing assets including ads, flyers, signs, websites, landing pages, banner ads, social media content, emails, presentation decks, infographics, and iconography using tools from Adobe Creative Suite, personal favorites, or sketches on napkins.
- Collaborate: Work with our team to develop and maintain brand standards for all cross-channel platforms and communications.
- Support: Take on additional creative assignments or tasks for internal or external marketing efforts or projects as needed.
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3+ years of graphic design experience (internships included) and can work quickly to juggle multiple tasks under deadline
- You know your HTML from your CSS, and can cut and paste into it “pretty good”
- You’re comfortable following direction, receiving feedback, and asking questions
- You know your way around Adobe Creative Suite
- You are knowledgeable about print production best practices and template production
- You are a detail-oriented, efficient, organized, self-starter, highly productive, and collaborative approach to work
- You have a strong ability to prioritize tasks and work both independently and as part of a team
- Bonus points if you have photography, video, or motion graphics experience
- Seriously though, we can keep using graphic designer memes all day long. So if you like memes, this is the place for you
- You are willing to go above and beyond, suggest new ideas, and identify opportunities
About Your Future Team
You’re really in for a treat. Bring your knowledge of comics, superheroes, pop culture, and music from the ’80s and ’90s and you’ll fit right in. If you like either Star Wars or Star Trek over the other, we won’t judge you…much. We like to laugh, so bring your best jokes – you will be tested.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.