Sr. Marketplace Business Analyst
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
The Sr. Marketplace Business Analyst (internally referred to as a Manager, Data Detective) is responsible for managing and analyzing the business performance of e-commerce channels via online marketplaces. This position will be the subject matter expert of business processes, sales and operational data, and key metrics that determine the overall health of the channel. This position supports the product assortment and merchandising strategy, and owns the analysis and optimization to help improve operational efficiencies, define pricing models, and design tests of marketing programs and sales initiatives.
A Typical Day
- Focus on driving Marketplace sales growth through price optimization & strategic SKU additions
- Collaborate with Marketplace category managers & internal stakeholders to improve data & processes
- Monitor a multitude of data for all Marketplace accounts to be more efficient & productive
- Build out quantitative tools to monitor account health, measure progress, and drive growth
- Working with leadership to provide timely and accurate insight into the sales channel to maximize growth
- Identifying and implementing new business intelligence technologies to improve communication and access to key metrics
- Analyzing customer and sales data to make recommendations and implementation to improve efficiency and profitability
- Maximize channel performance by improving listing quality, search optimization, buyer feedback, and seller rating
- Produce regular reporting and data analysis on channel specific metrics
- Engage relevant team members to act upon customer needs in a timely manner and drive resolution from start to finish
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar business analyst role
- You are passionate about Analytics!
- You have solid working knowledge of all third-party Marketplaces
- You demonstrate a passion for project management and utilizing new technologies
- You can self-manage changing priorities and tasks
- You have knowledge of Access, SQL, + Crystal Reports
- You are proficient in MS Excel and have a basic understanding of relational databases
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to change
- You enjoy using your problem-solving skills as well as written and verbal communication with a can-do attitude!
- You are a self-starter who proactively digs into data to uncover insights
- You thrive with ambiguity and have an entrepreneurial spirit
About Your Future Team
As an important part of our culture, we take pride in having fun while making a big impact. We’re passionate about celebrating birthdays, milestone anniversaries and team wins!
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.