Mobile iOS Developer
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As an iOS Developer (internally knows as an iOS Software Ninjaneer), you’ll be responsible for bringing to life the mobile features our customers and business teams dream up. You will leverage cutting edge mobile technologies to develop and deploy never-before-seen capabilities to the foodservice industry. The applications you build and support will help fuel the incredible growth of Parts Town for years to come.
A Typical Day
- Design and develop features for our flagship Parts Town iOS application and other applications that target our key customer segments and partners
- Continuously refine our development process to deliver value faster and improve the quality and sustainability of our applications
- Any other duties needed to help drive our Vision, fulfill our Mission and support our Core Values of safety, intergrity, courage, community, innovation, and passion
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3+ years of experience developing iOS applications – Bonus points if you have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; your experience has come through a job, your education, or some serious side projects
- You write code with the end-user in mind - You appreciate how getting lots of small details right leads to a great user experience
- You have a rock-solid understanding of the iOS SDK and native programming languages (Objective-C, SWIFT) as well as iOS user-interface guidelines – You’re not just good, you consider yourself an expert
- You’ve developed and supported high-volume complex applications (hundreds of thousands of users, 1M+ products, etc.) – You appreciate the challenge of innovating at scale
- You work well with small teams – You love collaborating with various teams to come up with the best solution, and people love having you involved in their projects
- You appreciate how exciting and rare it is to work at a company with such extraordinarily sustained growth – Success means more opportunities to develop and deliver truly innovative technology, and that motivates you
- You have some other relevant experience – E-commerce and/or distribution experience is a plus
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
About Your Future Team
The team is a highly capable group that embraces the rapid change that comes with incredible growth. We bring our whole selves to work each day - personality and all - in true Parts Town style.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.