Talent & Culture Training Coordinator
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered
The Job at a Glance
As the Talent and Culture Training Coordinator (Internally known as Study Buddy), you will create a path for new team member training. You will get to know our systems and best practices closely and become an expert at teaching others how to navigate them as well. You will train new team members on our Customer Service processes and systems, coordinate with our subject matter experts for content, all while geeking out on the details and ensuring a measurable training experience is delivered. When you are not training up new hires, you will have your hands in training projects which contribute to the larger strategic vision of Parts Town!
A Typical Day
- You will train all new Customer Service team members on the fundamentals of providing a top-notch experience to all customers! This includes systems, the Parts Town culture, basic part knowledge – anything needed to get up our new members and running.
- You will provide measurable and in-depth documented feedback to Customer Service leaders and the Training Team throughout the training.
- You will collaborate with the Training Team to actively research curriculum and create content for new hires, continuing education training and train the trainer.
- You will partner with the Training Team to manage or create technology solutions to more efficiently train or retrain team members using asynchronous means with tracking capabilities.
- You will seek and gather information from management and the Training Team, team members and other segments regarding the effectiveness of completed training courses and constantly seek to improve.
- You will create tools to evaluate comprehension and retention of knowledge, adjusting training content and timeline for Customer Service team members as needed.
- You will schedule and conduct meetings with management to proactively identify new Parts Town specific processes in need of additional instruction (ex: process changes or updated systems).
- You will also own other aspects of the new hire process. This includes scheduling and communicating with new hires and management alike. As well as, hosting and conducting other training programs which have multiple speakers such as Segment Day and PT History Day.
To Land This Opportunity
- You have previously performed the duties of a Training Coordinator, Trainer, or an educator and have received rave reviews.
- You have worked in customer service and nailed it!
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have mad skills with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher) - heck you consider yourself a wizard!
- You’re a planning, facilitation, and project management maven! You can set strong goals, track their progress and your self-motivation ensures they are completed on time.
- You welcome opportunities to demonstrate adaptability, and you are ready to learn and develop yourself as training always needs to be at the cutting edge of education.
- Bonus, but not necessary: a degree in HR, training, education or a related field or knowledge of various Learning and Development methods or Adult Learning Theory. Double Bonus! You are familiar with Learning Management Systems!
About Your Future Team
Our Talent team’s favorite pastimes include corny jokes, Disney themed puzzles and Harry Potter. We like dogs, and we like coffee…a lot (we’ll hear you out on whether Dunkin or Starbucks gets your vote).
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.